Meet Veronique AA Lapeyre, who is responsible for Craft Scotland's marketing strategy.
As Marketing Manager for Craft Scotland, I am responsible for crafting and implementing Craft Scotland’s communication activities.
I love to unearth new and interesting stories in makers’ work. Often makers are too close to the process to be able to communicate the wonder and joy of their craft to a wider audience in a way that truly resonates with them.
1. I love website development projects and I’m always super happy every time a new website goes live.
2. At my previous company, we won some amazing awards and I was heavily involved in writing the successful applications.
3. Being asked to deliver a module on Brand Communications to third-year students at Heriot-Watt University, Galashiels, was a proud moment for me. I must really know my stuff if they want me to teach others!
1. Every time I visit a local gallery, boutique, maker’s studio or design fair is a top moment. So many amazing pieces to peruse, buy and share with my friends and family.
2. Listening to the melodic sounds of all the looms clacking and swishing on my first visit to the High Mill, at Heriot-Watt University.
3. I have so many memories of making things when I was a kid but one that stands out is me, aged five, clumsily hammering nails into wooden blocks to make a sofa for my Barbies.
What started as a youthful obsession with fashion, art, music and craft has translated into a vibrant career as an arts communications professional. Like most people who work in the creative industries my career path is meandering and varied. Put simply, whilst I undertook valuable internships during my university days, I first cut my teeth as a Web Editor for a cult boutique in Glasgow. Then I became a Marketing & PR Manager for a designer knitwear company in the Scottish Borders before landing at Craft Scotland. I am fascinated by the intersection of culture, people and technology. Over the years, I have worked with some talented designers and I love promoting their work to new audiences.
I actually studied Classics and Anthropology for my undergrad. Greek myths are my jam!
For every occasion - including celebrations, commiserations, pick-me ups and wind-downs - it has to be tea!
Get in touch with Veronique with any questions about the Craft Scotland website, social media, photography and any other marketing enquires.
Veronique AA Lapeyre
+44 (0) 131 466 3872